The history of the village of Beckov is connected with the history of the castle. The limestone-dolomitic Cliff on the north-western foot of Považský Inovec and Turecký vrch (Turkish Hill) on the eastern edge of White Carpathians determined the ancient merchant route from the Danube region to the Baltic region. The location was inhabited by the Celts, Romans and Slavonic tribes. The construction of the castle itself started in the 13th century. The first written record about Beckov comes from 1208. The name Blundix means Labyrinth and the current name Beckov was derived from Becko, which was a proper name that was also used to refer to the settlement under the castle.
This settlement became the place of a weekly market and the seat of a parsonage in the 11th century. The German immigrants, taken there by Matúš Čák Trenčiansky, brought also their laws, the management of the settlement belonged to a magistrate with significant competencies. After the death of Matúš in 1321 Beckov became the property of the king Karol Robert and it was administered by a castellan. Another owner was the knight Stibor of Stiborice, who gained it in 1388 (around 1350-1414). Stibor modernized and enlarged it and also strengthened its function as a fortification. The duke enjoyed an immense favour of the king Sigismund of Luxemburg and this might have been the reason why there were legends about his cruelty. He should have executed his servant (he was thrown down the castle rock), because he killed Stibors favourite dog, after the animal had attacked his wife and children. Stibor died exactly one year after this incident when he was bitten by a snake. Or another legend says that the castle was built for Stibors buffoon called Becko, whose entertaining skills were much admired by the duke, who was so impressed by the castle that he bought it from Becko for gold. However, the historical facts describe him as a pious and righteous lord of the Váh region, who founded monasteries and old people`s homes. Beckov went back to the crown after his death and in 1437 Pavol Bánffy from Dolná Lindava became its next owner- the Banffy family managed the castle and the village for more than 200 years.
Beckov and the whole country were burdened with Ottoman invasions and civil wars. The aristocratic families fled from southern parts of the country to the northern regions and so civitas murata Beckov gained new inhabitants. In 1648 a co-ownership of the Beckov domain was established. In 1674 the first Jews came there from Moravia. At the end of the 17th century the population was bothered by the raids of the kuruc troops, a plague (1680) and religious intolerance. Only the positive influence of Jakub Haško, a provost of Nové Mesto nad Váhom and bishop of Nitra, calmed down the situation in the region.
In 1712 Karol III. confirmed the privilege of market from the years 1457 and 1520). The inhabitants of Beckov were not obliged to pay taxes and tolls. In 1714 more than 2000 people lived in the village, 1167 of them Protestants, 758 Catholics and around 100 Jews (Trenčín had hardly more than 1800 inhabitants). In 1842 there were 1994 people living in Beckov and only 1425 in 1910. In 1907 a public telephone room was built in the village and in 1913 a new iron bridge over the river Váh to Nové Mesto nad Váhom was opened.