A Baroque Golgotha
A Baroque Golgotha from 1620 is a masterpiece of Italian artists. It was ordered by Judita Revay, the daughter-in-law of Elisabeth Bathory. It was an expression of a plea for forgiving the sins her mother-in-law had committed by torturing the innocent girls.
The statue of St. Florian
The landlord Pavel Forgach had the Baroque statue of St. Florian made. On the pedestal it has coat of arms of two families. The statue has been restored and put back onto its original place recently. St. Florian, the patron of firemen, should have protected the village before fires.
The Marian column
On the square there is a Marian column from 1742. In the first half of the 18th century the inhabitants of Čachtice were oppressed by the raids of different armies, epidemics, natural disasters, especially floods and fires, which had devastating effects on their earthen houses with straw roofs. In nine years thirty fires destroyed the village. In 1723 also the roof of the church was burning. It was obvious that the fires around 1738 were started deliberately. The scared people prayed for an end all disasters and in 1741 they made a solemn promise to wander to Šaštín and ask there the Mother of God for protection. To emphasise their decision they built a Marian column in 1742. On the front side there is a text: To honour the Virgin and Mother decorated with stars this is dedicated to her by the believers who have been struck down with fire thirty times in nine years. The Marian column is a precious baroque monument.
The Gothic church
Originally a gothic church was built by the Duke Stibor I. in 1390. In 1680 it was rebuilt, enlarged and reconstructed in baroque style. Currently it has 10 big windows. It was furnished with seven altars and an ambo. There is a baroque organ on the chorus. There is a baroque door of a high value on the side entrance from 1661. Under the church there are tree tombs. In 1940 the original gothic window was uncovered on the outside northern wall. The church is dedicated to St. Ladislav in 1681 a tower was built but a new one had to be built because of poor foundation.
The Gothic chapel
A stone fortress with a chapel and a church catches the attention of the visitors. The oldest construction is the gothic chapel of St. Anton from the beginning of the 14th century. Various elements corresponding to buildings from the age of Great Moravia can be seen upon it. It has a small sanctuary. Inside there is a ceiling with coat of arms in the shape of a triangle. Above the entrance there is a wooden chorus with paintings of Virgin Mary, St. Stephen and St. Ladislav, which were brought here from the castle chapel. There are 34 coffins of priests and other significant personalities of the village in the grave under the chapel. Above the entrance there is quatrefoil window and a shield with a stone crucifix.
The Nadasdy manor house
Elizabeth Bathory lived in the Nadasdy manor house with her husband Ferenc Nadasdy during their stays in Čachtice. She committed here some of her crimes in 1662 the building burned down but it was reconstructed. After the death of Ferenc Nadasdy II. (1671), who was sentenced to death because of participating in an anti-Habsburg complot, the possessions were confiscated by the state. Some parts were rented to the Revay family and Draškovič family. Later in 1695 the Royal Chamber sold the possessions to Cristoph Erdödy. The last owner of the desolated manor house was farmer Springer. A stone cellar has remained and today it is used by the Agricultural Cooperative of Čachtice as a store room for wine. On the northern side above the road to Višňové there are remains of a wall and a citadel.
Curia of the Drugeth family
It a renaissance low building, built at the beginning of the 17th century as a smaller countryside residence for the nobility. It was built by the Count George Drugeth of Humenné, the husband of Katarína (Catherine) Nadasdy. Later it belonged to the families of Andrasy and Jensky. It has a shape of the U-letter. There is the coat of arms of the Drugeths above the entrance.
The Draškovič manor house
The Draškovič manor house was built in 1668 and enlarged at the end of the 17th century. It is a late renaissance manor house. Since 1989 it has belonged to the Museum of Trenčín. Since 1960 one part of the building on the upper floor has served as local museum of the history of Čachtice and Tatrín. The exposition consists of historical arms, original documents, old wardrobes and jewels, collection of portraits with images of local noblemen, pieces found during the archaeological research and during reconstructions of local objects. There is also a rich material about the literary society Tatrín.